Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Progress?

This is my favorite part. When I see lots of changes happening quickly. I think "I am so cool, I can do anything!" ha ha

At the end I'll probably be in tears.

But for now, let's call this PROGRESS.

Yikes. I think it's progress.

Photobucket

Here's the before, just two days ago.

Photobucket


Below the chair rail is now Menard's straight out of the can (ie free) Antique White. I primed over the orange before painting, because the orange is such a dark color. In all, it needed 3 coats. A coat of primer, and 2 coats of Antique White.

The trim is straight out of the can Menard's Semi Gloss white (ie $2). I'm liking the tone of tone effect of the white and antique white.

I am doing the same effect on the ceiling. Antique White on the ceiling, White semi-gloss on the crown molding.

Above the chair rail I'm thinking I'll do Smoke Infusion by Valspar. I have this color in my stairway, and it's also the darker color in the basement. It's a nice smoky blue. I literally gathered all my spare change to buy a $30 gallon from Lowe's yesterday.

Sheesh, at this rate, this kitchen is going to take awhile.

Long way to go, but I'm happy with how light and bright it's becoming. I don't want it to become too "beachy" so I'll have to add some dark accents and watch my fabric choices.

Thanks for checking in, now go make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...