Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Pillow Talk II

Remember my post about these awesome felt flowers?














I decided they were just too cute and I upgraded them from "Things-I-will-not-get-to-until-my-kids-learn-to-wipe-their-own-butts" to "Something-worth-putting-off-laundry-for."

In other words. I made one.

Did you know 1 small sheet of polyester felt only cost 29¢!? 29¢ people! Get yourself a 29¢ piece of felt and make one!

This is what I did with mine.

I give you Exhibit P. P is for pillow, dontcha know.

Photobucket
My bed, in case you were wondering.

Love the fabric (made by Waverly, I bought it at Joann's) but I thought it could use a boost (boost is really code for "more flowers").

Photobucket

This is a fabric tie belt for a skirt I don't even own anymore. You could use a ribbon. I cut it to shorten it and sewed the cut end down.

Then I tied the "belt" around the pillow in a bow. Then I pinned the flower to the pillow.

Photobucket

The cool thing is I can remove the flower anytime I want and wear it. Awesome, no?

Ta da! Insert wavy jazz hands.

Photobucket

Learn how to make your own flower here and show me what you did! I'll feature you.

10 comments:

  1. i really love this! i also love your bed and bedding. so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'm thinking I'm not ready to go there but I am working on my very first sewing project and pretty much have the sewing machine figured out!!! This is very new for me. :) I'm going to post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Versatile is SO good, especially with little ones in the house! Great job and it adds just the right pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so wonderfully arts and craftsy its scary. Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute pillow! I really want to make a felt flower now! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! Can't beat that price to add some cute accessories to your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Your bedding is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the idea. And the flower is so pretty - thans for the link by the way :)
    Found you on Fireflies and Jellybeans link party :)
    Best regards
    Jo&cats

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how your flower turned out. Great on the pillow. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...