Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thrifty Outing

My mom offered to take Zack last Friday for a special "Zack-Grandma Day". It was strange only having one child that day! I decided to take advantage of it and do a little thrift shopping.

I love thrift stores. Go in with an open mind and you never know what you're going to get. Here is my stash from Friday (bought at Goodwill and Salvation Army).
















1. An old picture. I actually didn't even care about the picture. I just needed the glass because I broke the glass in another picture I have here at home. The frame is kind of interesting though, so maybe I'll use it somewhere. Or maybe not. $4.99.

2. A hat for Zack. $3.99

3. Two melamine Mickey Mouse plates for the boys. 49¢ each.

4. Snow suit for Delaney. Warm, cute. Looks brand new! Could you just die?! CUTE! $4.99 SERIOUSLY.

5. Rice cooker. I have been thinking about getting a rice cooker for months. I didn't know if I'd like it or use it enough. For $4.99 I figured I can find out.

6. This was my "splurge". I had a project in mind when I bought these. I wanted some small square frames, and here these two sets were! I like that they have mattes too. $7.99 for each set of three. I think I might have overspent. I could probably get small frames for around $2 retail. I haven't looked though, so maybe not. Oh well.

7. Picture frame. $1.99, uh, scratch that. Looking at my receipt it must have been 50% off. 99¢.

8. Rattan charger. I went back and forth to whether I would use this. I think I have the right spot for it. $2.99

9. Wooden spoons. I actually use them in my kitchen. Only 49¢ for the set!

What do you think? Did I find treasure, or is it junk?

Stay tuned because I'll show you how the decorative items were used as I finish their respective projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...