Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

To Share or Not to Share

Someone asked me about the boys' sheets. They are the Circo Hit the Road collection from T@rget. Aren't they so cute? I looked for car/transportation theme sheets several places online and I thought these were the best quality for the price. Pottery Barn Kids had some cute ones for way more expensive and less thread count. It was no contest.

In other news I have yet to hang the boys' names on the wall. And there's a reason.

Procrastination, Mr. RBR would say.

No. There's a really a reason! Really! The boys sharing a room is, um, wow. It's an adjustment. They are fooling around A LOT at night. It can take over an hour for them to settle down and get to bed. And that's a bit annoying.

For me.

Fun for them I am sure.

So I put off putting the boys names on the wall, thinking maybe we'd move Clayton--again--into his own room. We have a pretty small fourth bedroom. Presently it's storage. We'd have to do some moving around and purging (something we should do, and plan to do, anyway), but it'd be very doable. And it'd be a perfect size for him. I almost convinced myself to do it until I talked to a couple different people.

In both their cases their sons are a bit older than mine, and they each have their own rooms. BUT. Both sets of boys decided on their own to share rooms. They're so close and love each other so much that they want to be together, even at night. And in one case the brothers are preteens!

And really when I thought about that--that is exactly what I want for my sons. I want them to be close and have inside jokes and giggle at night. Um, gee, Lisa. Just like they're doing now. Hello?

Sometimes I'm a little slow.

When Mr. RBR and I found out we were going to have two sons, it was sort of a new concept for both of us. We both have siblings, but neither of us have a same sex sibling. So when I found out we were going to have two boys only 18 months apart in age, this is exactly what I wanted for them.

So I will suck it up and let them share the room. And when they giggle and fool around--and even argue-- instead of sleep, I will smile instead of stew. And I'll hang both of their names on the wall.

Maybe tomorrow.

If I get around to it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still working on finding joy in the giggling. I have a boy and a girl who are (temporarily) sharing a room and LOVING it! But they are not quiet and do not always settle down well. It's so cute but so frustrating when one has school the next day!
    Good luck with hanging the names! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...