Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm in deep!

Hi folks! Still here!

Phase I of the toy room redo is coming to a s-l-o-w agonizing end. This is the hardest part of a project for me. The last details. I love the dramatic swoosh of the first swipe of paint, but, UGH!, the agony at the end. Everything looks the same while you pick away at the tiny stuff.

It must be wearing on the boys too because they stuck a brush in some paint and started whipping it around the room.

Uh huh. True story.

It all washed out except 1 curtain and the carpet.

We planned to replace the carpet anyway and the curtain panel was made from fabric I bought at the Salvation Army for $2.99/yd so their lives were spared.

For now.

But they have been warned that Santa! Is! Watching!

Notice I said Phase I on the Toy room. Remember how I planned on expanding the built-in with a chest/window bench and additional shelving like this?

Photobucket

That is still the plan, but it's going to be phase II. We need to move back in to our room for all our sanity. When we've saved up for carpet we'll do the built-ins and the carpet at the same time.

In the meantime I must have figured I had too little to do because I started on the basement.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?

Not one room in this house is done and I ripped apart the basement.

Christmas is coming. I have a new baby coming. Nothing is done and I rip into another room. Classic Lisa for ya.

I made myself a To Do list of odds and ends stuff I have to get done. It's 44 items long. And it doesn't include the every day stuff (like making dinner, laundry, cleaning, etc). FORTY FOUR.

But it's all going to rock in the end. It's just a matter of getting there. Instead of turning the basement over to the chilluns, like most people do... I'm turning it into a mom cave. Uh huh. And it is going to be SA-WEET!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...