Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Daughter's Room Reveal

When you have the most beautiful daughter ever, she needs a room to match!

Delaney is almost a year old. She was born in South Korea and we adopted her. She's been home about 3 months and is doing great!

Photobucket

Her room has been done for months, but I hadn't gotten around to photographing the results. But I finally got it done! Who wants to see?

This is the layout of her room.

Photobucket

Check out the layout of our whole house in the Home Tour.

This is what you see when you enter the room.

Photobucket

We kept the full size bed in this room because we thought we might need to sleep in the same room with Delaney until she became more accustomed to us, our home and her new room. And we're leaving it because, well, time flies. In another year or two she'll probably she sleeping in that big bed. This way, the room is ready to grow up with her.

The crib lines the opposite wall, next to the door.

Photobucket

The dresser.

Photobucket

And some of the sweet details.

Photobucket

This jewelry box came from Delaney's foster parents in Korea.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The vanity/desk next to the bed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The bed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made these pillows. Learn how to make your own here and here.

The crib.

Photobucket



Photobucket

My grandma (Delaney's great grandma) made this sweet little blanket.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this so much. My grandma just turned 90. Who knows how much longer she'll be with us. It will be a special keepsake for Delaney. But I have to admit, I have one problem with it. All the babies on the blanket have blond hair. Argh. My Dutch grandma made everyone blond. I just might change their hair color somehow.

Next to the crib, is this basket.

Photobucket

It holds hair pretties and pacifiers. :)

Photobucket

I searched high and low and I did find one before picture. This is when the room was a guest room. This is the wall where the crib is now.

Photobucket

Big difference, right?

That's it for the room tour. Tomorrow I'll let you know sources, paint colors and how much I spent. So come on back.

This project was featured on Domestically Speaking.

20 comments:

  1. what a huge change...very bright, colorful and pretty...i bet your little sweetie loves it...thanks for sharing and i hope you'll link this up to fridays unfolded this week!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great room! It is so bright and cheerful. Congratulations, your little girl looks very happy! I'm having a giveaway if you are interested stop over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! What an amazing experience to adopt such a cute little girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, first of all, Delaney is ADORABLE!! Her room is SO pretty & fun - a bunch of wonderful all the way around! Thanks for sharing. I love it! JenT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous room makeover! I love all the bright, fun colors. Delaney is such a beautiful girl! And I LOVE her name . . . that is actually one of the few girls' names that my husband and I agree on :-) Thanks for sharing her beautiful bedroom!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. We adopted our daughter from S. Korea as well... AND She came home about 3 months ago too! Right in time for Christmas! Did you travel to go and get your daughter? We could have been in Korea at the same time! What a small world! :)

    Your daughter is beautiful and so is her room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, how sweet is that baby picture? Your daughter Delaney is so precious! And you did such a fabulous job making a pretty girl room for her too. What an awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Fawnda. We left for Korea on 1-1-11, so we probably just missed each other. Congratulations on your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable room!! I just did my daughter's room as well!! Looks great!!
    XOXO sadie jane
    simplysadiejane.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Heavenly Room ! Fit for an Angel. And what an angel face she has! She's completely adorable. (Gotta love her hair!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well when I saw those little piggy tails, I had to click on the thumbnail! That room is almost as beautiful as your daughter. She looks like she has personality plus, and her room reflects it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful room and beautiful daughter! I love the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful little girl! And the room is perfect. I love the thoughtful touches through out and the pink dresser is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWWW, so sweet, bright and cheerful! Wonderful for your little lady to wake to each morning. I especially love the curtains! How bold to paint the walls so bright and to paint the furniture bright too-I LOVE IT!
    kim
    www.kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Job. You have some good ideas.
    Good luck with your beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a great job! It looks so bright and colorful and cute, and I love how you incorporated things from her home country. I'm sure she loves it! Stopped by from FJI.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love that pink dresser! the knobs are the icing on the cake. such a sweet room for an adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely LOVE the colors! (And your little girl is adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the colors!!!! Its perfect! and oh sooo girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I clicked on your blog and there was little Delaney's adorable face!! She's the hit of this post although the room is darling.God bless you all. Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...