Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Details, details

Isn't it amazing what a small change can do? The most beautifully designed rooms are perfected right down to the smallest detail.

With that in mind, check out my medicine cabinet in the room I'm working in right now, the half bath.

Here it is before, with its wooden handle.

Photobucket

And here it is now, with a $6 glass knob from Lowe's.

Photobucket

Big difference, right? And you got a sneak peek at the wall color too. You likey?

I've been using a few found dollars and spare change (literally) to buy a couple things to spruce up this little bathroom.

Photobucket

The two large carved wooden wall plaques are from Big Lots. Honestly they were a splurge to me at $20 each. But I wanted some big beautiful artwork, and I'm getting a bit tired of frames, frames and more frames. So these will fit the bill nicely.

The trashy brassy chandelier is from my local Habitat's ReStore. ReStore was having a 20% off brass light fixtures sale the day I was there. NICE. So I picked up this little beaut for $12. I'm going to spray it--gloss white I think. It will replace the (pardon me) boob light.

Photobucket

I have a couple more things I'd like to purchase. Some bright, fun hand towels and a woven grass shade for the window. Then the room will be done!

It's looking FABULOUS. I can't wait to show it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...