Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

How does your garden grow?

A couple weeks ago I planted some seeds with the kids.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Find the original post here.

And I thought I'd update you on the progress!

After planting the seeds in a mixture of potting soil and "starting mix" (just a bag purchased at the store) I put them under a florescent "garage light" in the basement. Mr. RBR claims you can just get these at a hardware store. It's a florescent light, but it just plugs in. No wiring.

I used twine to lower the light until it was only several inches above the seeds. Then I made sure the soil stayed damp by watering it every 2-3 days.

A couple weeks later we have sprouts!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Radishes. I think.

It will be a few weeks until the threat of frost starts to decline, but unfortunately my side yard (where I plan to plant my little seedlings) still looks like this!

Photobucket

Lots of work to do before it's ready. Any volunteers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...