Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

DIY painting

Is it Monday already? I spent the whole weekend with my hands looking like this.

Photobucket

I wish it looked like more progress had been made. Don't you hate that? Work your buns off all weekend and it doesn't look like much has changed? It's like, I remember painting, and doing all this stuff, why does it all look the same? Blah.

One thing I did finish, however, is a painting for the living room.

Photobucket

Some day I'll get around to showing you the whole room. The only reason I haven't done it yet is because it's usually too embarrassingly messy to photograph. Some day, SOME DAY, however I will keep it clean enough for 2 seconds to make it photograph worthy.

Some day. Some day?

I'm liking the colors and the subtle textures and colors of my new painting.

Photobucket

The canvas is homemade. It's a wood frame with drop cloth stapled to it. Next you use primer or gesso to seal the cloth. Let it dry. Then it's ready to create your masterpiece! ha!

I just used leftover wall paint and dabbed in on with a rag. Old fashioned faux painting style!

Use lots of paint and lots of colors. The texture creates interest. I used a blue-gray color, a green gray color, a green, a turquoise, white and black in this painting.

Photobucket

Oh hang on, I gotta break up a fight.

Photobucket

Ok. I'm back. Isn't he pathetic? Sweet, but pathetic.

Detail shot.

Photobucket

Nice, right? Not hard. Give it a shot!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Linking to some of these super, duper DIY blog link parties.

4 comments:

  1. This turned out wonderful. It is so heavenly with texture and calmness at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your painting. I would love to have you link it up at our link party going on all week! http://sistersofthewildwest.blogspot.com/2011/04/weekend-features-and-sister-sunday-link_30.html

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks so good! I never knew that you could use a drop cloth for a canvas too, thanks for the tip! Great job with your painting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...